What is Supplemental Insurance?
Supplemental insurance is additional coverage that you can use to help with the out-of-pocket expenses that may not be covered by your major medical insurance. Have you ever had expenses not covered by your major medical plan? That’s where Aflac comes in.
Aflac is voluntary insurance, or an optional layer of financial protection. And with healthcare costs on the rise, more Americans than ever are seeking an extra financial safety net for unexpected medical expenses.
Why Should I Have Supplemental Insurance?
Technically, supplemental insurance is optional, as it’s additive to your current coverage. Major medical covers an average of 60% of total medical costs, and supplemental insurance helps cover the remaining 40% of any medical bill.
Major medical coverage only goes so far, and even with it, you can still be left with tremendous out-of-pocket costs. According to our lifestyle calculator, the average cost of a broken leg is $7,152.1 After major medical, you could still be left with $2,8612 in medical expenses that may not be covered by your work’s health insurance plan.
A plan like Aflac Accident Insurance pays you cash (unless assigned otherwise) that can be used to help with the out-of-pocket expenses that may not be covered by major medical in the event of a qualifying accident.
Contact me today for more information (318) 834-4395 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.